Monday, July 9, 2012

Field Experiment #5

Leslie's Results:
This was a hard week for me get to drawing. I've been super busy with a bunch of things. In the end I did make some time on my lunch break and on the weekend to draw. I find drawing on my lunch break super relaxing. I'm probably going to try and do that more often.




Jane's Results:

I had a great week. Having a day off in the middle of the week really works for me. ;-). All of my drawing was done on my back porch this week. In fact I worked in two other sketchbooks as well. My daisies are coming in and like many flowers, the more you pick them the better they come in. So this is my daisies.
Our porch is our favorite place to hang out in all seasons really. My husband was reading so he was sitting relatively still for him. He really doesn't like when I draw him but he is the one I'm around the most.
I have never had any luck with growing Ivy until I began to leave it on the back porch all year round. I am trying to capture depth in these little sketches and a plant, like my ivy which has branches reaching out and an underside that i in the shadows, is a good subject to try. As much as I like the shapes of the leaves, I am trying to capture the overall shape and shading here.


No comments:

Post a Comment