Monday, September 24, 2012

Field Experiment #16

Leslie's Results
 Trucks. I've written about how I feel that today's trucks are just... Big. To me the big is boring> I like trucks with big noses and round headlights and grills that go on for days, and chrome. Lots of chrome. I like chrome. Rounded tire wells. When I think truck I think of all those things.

Some more waiting area sketches. I feel like I'm spending a lot of time in waiting rooms. The truth is I've only ever had to wait a short period of time in my orthodontist's waiting area, 20 minutes max. Usually I get there and they see me immediately. After I sketched the back of the woman's head on the upper right I went over the to cafe and sketched the rest of the page. Sometimes people seems sad, this was one of those days.

Jane's Results
We recently had our grand-pup over. She's a beautiful golden retriever. She love to lay on the tile floor when she 's hot, and moves around to get comfortable. This forces me to practice quick sketching.
I also notice how much I like to draw night. This is my neighbor's house. I just love the contrast of darkness on the outside and light on the inside. I like achieving this using the scribble stroke. I guess I don't have the patience for traditional cross hatch.





No comments:

Post a Comment